That is so PoMo

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Random: Puzzle World, Birthday and Farm

Firstly, thanks to everyone who sent their love and birthday wishes. I had a memorable birthday here in New Zealand. The kiwis don't forget to recognize even their foreigners on their special day. I had a superb day with all my closest friends in New Zealand. Thank you to everyone who was involved :)

This week, I also visited a local farm with some Toroans. We fed horses, pet sheep and played with guinea pigs. The farm was located in Brighton right across from a beautiful beach. At one point, a group of horses raced by on the beach. It was very majestic to watch.

I forgot to mention a couple other places we went on the first half of our trip in my last post. In the city of Wanaka (which is apparently where Shania Twain owns a massive piece of property), there is an interesting tourist attraction called Puzzle World. It has a bunch of different mind games and mazes in its vicinities. Check out the funky photos below. We also visited Mount Cook (aka Aoraki in Maori), which is the largest mountain in New Zealand. The drive to Mount Cook was breathtaking. It wasn't the clearest day, so it was hard to get good pics of it. Check out some of them below though. More pics from the latter part of the trip are coming.

Lastly, I brought home some "friends" from my two weeks of travel with me to Dunedin, right into my bed. They are known as the common flea. Yes, I have fleas. Er, had. I couldn't stop scratching myself for a couple days, then I started to get red marks. I thought I had the chicken pox, but after a $50 check up at the doctors, turns out it was flea bites. So, the head of residence had my room cleaned out and changed all my bedding. I am a bit reluctant as to whether that worked or not...but I haven't had any major bites since then. I was a bit down about my condition, especially because I couldn't get a good night's sleep for a week, but slowly but surely, I am getting better. Don't worry Canada, won't be bringing these suckers home with me. Overall, I'm doing splendid. School is becoming busier, but still trying to have good times while I can!


My Birthday Corner


Horses on the beach


Sheep!





Drive to Mount Cook

Mount Cook

Puzzle World in Wanaka

Nelson Mandela
I'm so tall and Jenn is so short!
Reverse roles...same room!

3 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger syl said...

oh man,
first of all...fleas?! that's insane, those buggers are vicious!
I'm glad you are doing better.

second of all, your picture of the horses on the beach is phenomenal..

so jealous!!
write me back soon!
i sent you an email a while back, did i not? hmm, maybe i haven't wrote you back yet....now i can't remember...let me know!!

 
At 9:20 AM, May 13, 2006, Blogger j'tan said...

That picture of that gerbil-type animal is SOOOO CUTE!! AAAAAA!!! I hugged my monitor. It degaussed all over my face. Sick.

Did you hear the news that New Zealand was recently on sale through eBay? Some Austrailian put it up. You should kick his ass. Bids only went up to $3,000 Aussie dollaahs.

 
At 6:23 PM, May 13, 2006, Blogger gillian said...

julia! that puzzle world looks like so much fun!
have you checked out science world in vancouver?? when you head back to the west coast make sure to check it out - i love it... haha

cheers dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home